Tuesday, September 21, 2010

THE POWER OF PRAYER 2

PRAYER IS NOT PLAY. IT IS WORK.
Luke 22:44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great [drops] of [blood] falling down to the ground.

Can you imagine the agony and the effort that went into that prayer that Jesus was praying just before He was to be crucified. He knew what He would be facing. I personally believe it was not the pain of the actual crucifixion that He was tormented over as much as it was the fact that He who had no sin would feel the shame and pain of sin for all mankind as His Father's wrath was poured out upon it.

Whatever was going through the mind of Jesus was enough to cause Him to pray probably the most fervent prayer that has ever been prayed. I know we are not Jesus. I know that we can never expect to pray as He did in that garden, but I also know that we need to pray far more fervently than we do.

There have been many times in my ministry that I would go through the motions of praying and the results seemed to show it. There have been other times that I have agonized in prayer. I have literally been exhausted by prayer and those are the times that I remember feeling the power of God and seeing the hand of God on my ministry.

This isn't just true of preachers and pastors. It is a truth that if God's people would put more effort into prayer and pray with all that is within us we would not only see a difference in our own lives but in the lives of those around us. Lets go to work in our prayer lives.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.