Friday, September 10, 2010

GROWING UP 2

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I [spake as a child], I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

SELFISHNESS IS A MARK OF CHILDISHNESS

Children do not yet realize that the world does not revolve around them. They believe that everything that happens around them is something directly related to them. The outcome is not as important as how will it effect them individually. There are many adults that have never grown to realize one of my favorite statements, "It's not all about you." If you feel that you are the center of the universe and that only what effects you matters then you are being childish.

Children sometimes will throw a fit to get their way. Sadly adults will do the same thing. "I am not speaking to you until...." is only a way of throwing a fit. I guess it might be in a more civilized form but a civilized fit is still immature. You might be a pouter...in the words of Dr. Phil, "How is that working for you?" Adults use reason and sometimes accept the fact that they might not get what they want at all. That is a sign of maturity.

I personally believe we have developed the biggest crop of crybabies in America that the world has ever known. There comes a time to put away childish things and accept the fact that we must act responsibly.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.