Monday, September 13, 2010

GROWING UP 3

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I [spake as a child], I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

A FEW MORE EXAMPLES

Self pity is childish:
No one likes me. No one wants to be my friend. No one will play with me. Did you ever notice that there is usually a reason even children are avoided. Many times it is because they are bitter and angry and not much fun to be around.

Childishness is a failure to recognize obligation and responsibility. I believe many churches are failing because immature Christians are not accepting their responsibility. It is your church. It is your ministry. You have an obligation to carry out the Great Commission.

Childishness is indicated by a lack of thankfulness. Children just expect things like food, clean clothes, a home, etc. Let's not be like children taking God's provision for granted.

If any of these things seemed close to home to you as you were reading them then maybe you should put away some childish things and start maturing as a Christian.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.