Thursday, September 2, 2010

THE 23rd PSALM 4

Ps 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

I SHALL NOT FEAR EVEN DEATH

Psalms 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

I used to fear death because I did not know what lay on the other side for me. Once I trusted Jesus as my Lord and Savior that fear was removed from me.

We all walk through the valley of the shadow of death and for those who are saved that is all it is, a shadow. A shadow can not do you any harm. It might frighten you and it might make you a little apprehensive but it can not really harm you. Jesus took our death into the tomb with Him and He rose up victorious over it. All that is left is the shadow.

Some day you might read my obituary and it might say that I am dead. Don't believe a word of it. I will be more alive than I have ever been.

We are born in the valley. From the time we are born we are headed for death. We grow up in the valley. We live in the valley because we never know when we will die. We must walk in the valley of death daily but we must never walk alone.

The Great Shepherd will walk with us every step of the way and we have nothing to fear. I find that comforting.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.