Wednesday, September 8, 2010

THE GREAT SHEPHERD 2

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

LESSONS FROM A SHEPHERD 2

A man traveling in a country where it was common to see a shepherd leading his sheep came upon an unusual sight. He had always noticed that the sheep just followed the shepherd but this time the shepherd was having to herd them and drive them with a staff. He commented to the man that it was the first time he had ever seen a shepherd drive sheep in that manner.

The reply was, "Oh, I am not a shepherd. I work for the butcher and I am driving these sheep to the slaughterhouse."

The Good Shepherd leads us. He set an example and we are to obediently follow Him. When we realizing someone is driving or forcing us in a certain direction we had better beware. We might be headed for the slaughterhouse instead of the meadow.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.