Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I SAT WHERE THEY SAT 2

EZEKIEL 3:14-17
Eze 3:14-17 So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me. (15) Then I came to them of the captivity at Telabib, that dwelt by the river of Chebar, and I sat where they sat, and remained there astonished among them seven days. (16) And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, (17) Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.

WE WERE ALL YOUNG ONCE

 It is easy for older people to criticize the young people of today.  Sometimes we forget the follies of our own youth.

 Parents can lose patience with small children because they forget how important certain things were to them when they were that age.  Sometimes we need to just sit down and remember the things that disappointed us or the things that we pleasantly remember.  It might help us understand the way small children act and react to things.

 The teenage years can be very hard.  There is so much competition between peers and even the parents get in on the act.  We see bumper stickers that brag "My Child is and Honor Student at ______ School."

 I always wanted to see a sticker that said "My Child is Just an Average Student But He is an Awesome Son and I Love Him."

 Every child can't be at the head of their class.  If all the children make A's on their report cards then it is not an A any more because then it is average.  Average is a C and I think that no matter what the transcripts say that there are a lot more average students in schools than educators want to admit.
 Every child is special and everyone of them need love, acceptance and encouragement.  I sat where some of the have sat.  I could have used a little more encouragement and a little less criticism.

 When you are dealing with teenagers try to remember how hard it was on you when you were their age.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.