Tuesday, February 14, 2012

SIT BY THE STUFF 2

1 Samuel 25:13 And David said unto his men, Gird ye on every man his sword. And they girded on every man his sword; and David also girded on his sword: and there went up after David about four hundred men; and two hundred abode by the stuff.
1Samuel 30:24 For who will hearken unto you in this matter? but as his part is that goeth down to the battle, so shall his part be that tarrieth by the stuff: they shall part alike.

Sometimes we feel that those who are at the forefront of and in the limelight in the ministry have a greater responsibility and will get the greater rewards.  I have often heard someone say, I wish I could play the piano, or I wish I could sing like that.  I have probably said or thought it myself a few times.  I am sure I have heard great sermons and wished that I could preach like that.

What we must remember is to be faithful where God has placed us and use the gifts and talents He has blessed us with.  When someone plays it would be awful tiring for them if there was no one to sing along.  When someone sings it encourages them to know that others are listening and receiving a blessing.  When it comes to music I think God called me to be a good listener.

I think I will just sit by the stuff and listen and encourage those who are on the front lines of the music ministry.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.