Thursday, February 2, 2012

I SAT WHERE THEY SAT 3

EZEKIEL 3:14-17
Eze 3:14-17 So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me. (15) Then I came to them of the captivity at Telabib, that dwelt by the river of Chebar, and I sat where they sat, and remained there astonished among them seven days. (16) And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, (17) Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
WHAT I KNOW NOW

 How many times have you heard it said that I wish I had known then what I know now? I have said it a lot and thought it even more often. 

 I preached a Sermon to a group of High School Seniors and I decided to share with them what I know now that I didn't realize then.  I thought some of it might sink in.  Here are the points to that sermon.

I.  GOD IS NOT MOCKED
Ga 6:7 Be not deceived; GOD IS NOT MOCKED: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
II.  SATAN IS YOUR ENEMY
1Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a ROARING LION, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
III. YOU SHOULD HONOR YOUR PARENTS
Deuteronomy 5:16 HONOUR THY FATHER and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
IV. JESUS WANTS YOU TO HAVE A GOOD LIFE
John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly
 These things are still true today and you can expand on each point in any way you see fit.  If you know someone who is about to enter into young adulthood you might want to sit down and have a conversation using these points.  Don't you wish you had realized all these things?

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.