Monday, February 6, 2012

THE RIGHT CHOICE 1

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, CHOOSE you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Each day we are faced with many decisions.  We might not even realize it but choices greatly determine the course of our lives.

Many people suffered in the real estate crash because they chose to live in a house that they could not afford.  The inflated prices of the houses crashed and they wound up owing more on the house than it was worth.  Thankfully I have chosen to live a more simple and affordable life and I don't have the stress of having to make payments on a lot of things that I don't really have to have.

My wife and I were in a waiting room at the hospital not long ago and she commented on the new flat screen TV, "That doesn't really look much better than our old TV does it?", she asked.  I had to admit it didn't.  Our current television is so old that we still have to have a converter box to get a signal. (We choose to not spend money on cable.)  Not long ago I thought I really needed one of the new flat screen TVs but the cost made me choose not to buy it.  Simple choices make a difference in our lives and our lifestyle.

Important choices make an even bigger difference.  I am so glad that I have chosen to Trust God and follow Him.  It has made a vast difference in my life and will make a vast difference in yours too.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.