Thursday, February 9, 2012

THE RIGHT CHOICE 4

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, CHOOSE you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Regular Coke or diet coke?  Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi?  Salad or pizza?  Paper or Plastic?

These are all trivial decisions we make each day but making the wrong choices can lead to drastic results later.  After I step on the scales I realize way too late that I should have just had water and the salad.

Sometimes the really big things that happen in our lives come from the really small decisions we make.  I think I have more plastic bags at home than the supermarket has and no one seems to be offering paper anymore.

When I was younger and I was offered a cigarette I made a choice to take it, started smoking, got hooked and had a very tough time trying to quit. I still have health problems based on that one choice even though I made a choice to quit long ago.  We do make wiser choices as we gain experience but some of the consequences of the bad decisions will not go away.  Oh, and that tattoo of an eagle you put on your arm is  going to look a lot like a sick buzzard in about 30 years.  What were you thinking?

If small decisions make a big difference later on in life then think of what the big decisions and choices will make.  There is no greater choice you can make than whether you will serve the Lord or not.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.