Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I SAT WHERE THEY SAT

EZEKIEL 3:14-17
Eze 3:14-17 So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me. (15) Then I came to them of the captivity at Telabib, that dwelt by the river of Chebar, and I sat where they sat, and remained there astonished among them seven days. (16) And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, (17) Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. 

 Ezekiel was bitter and angry, so the Lord sat him in the midst of the people he was to preach too.  He sat where they sat and that caused him not only to have more compassion but to have a sincere desire to warn them.

 It has been my experience that people are very quick to judge and criticize others if they have never been in the same situation themselves.  While it might be true that most of us are where we are in life because of the decisions we made our self.

 There are certainly situations that are completely outside of a persons control and we are quick to have compassion on people who suffer through these.  We usually are a little less understanding of others if we know they are in bad situations because of their own bad decisions.  It is hard to have compassion on them...unless, we have sat where they sat.

 The next few devotionals will deal with sharing our experiences with those who can benefit from them.  People will listen to you more if they realize that you have been there yourself at some time or another.  If they see that you have changed it will give them hope that they too can change.


Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.