Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A NEW YEAR 7

TIME
TAKE TIME

Proverbs 18:24 A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Take time to be Friendly--It is the road to happiness. 

Being friendly means more than smiling and shaking hands with those we come in contact with. (That is a good start.)  A friend is someone who really cares about you.
 A friend will listen and even though they might not always agree with you, they will still love you. 
 I have known people who were not very friendly at all and wondered why they did not have many friends.  They are the only ones who are puzzled by it.
 I try my best to be polite and friendly to everyone I meet.  Sometimes in a business where the clerk seems surly and unconcerned and acts like they are doing you a favor I go out of my way to be cheerful and friendly to them.  It usually gets a positive response and sometimes even a smile.
 
I once heard it said that we all make people happy.  People are either happy to see us coming or they are happy to see us going.  I would rather be one of the ones that people are happy to see coming.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.