Thursday, April 8, 2010

PERILOUS TIMES 4

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:


WE CAN FACE PERILOUS TIMES BECAUSE GOD HAS WARNED US IN HIS WORD THAT THEY ARE COMING

We are warned in the Bible that we may have some fiery trials to face. They can come in many forms and we need to be very close to God sometimes to recognize what is happening. When we are close to God at such times we will look at those trials in a different way.

Sometimes we might have our Faith tested. One of the hardest things I ever had to do was to be willing to give up my ministry. The key word here is my. God convinced me that I had to be willing to give it up before I could be used by Him. He never let me get away from it but I had to be willing to give it to God before he would fully bless it. It was a test of faith.

Many times I have had to stand up for things that were not popular because it was the right thing to do. Sometimes these trials are a test of our courage and the more we stand, the greater our courage.

There are times when we will have a trial concerning our true convictions. How strongly do we really believe what we say we believe. Do not think it strange when you have trials. As a matter of fact you should think it odd if you do not.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.