Monday, April 26, 2010

FOLLOWING JESUS 1

John 21:18-19 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young,
thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when
thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall
gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. (19) This spake he,
signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had
spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.


THE CALL STILL COMES LOUDLY FROM CHRIST FOLLOW ME:
Introduction: Sometimes as I am doing devotionals I can't remember if I have used a certain text or written on a certain subject and then I think, "So what if I have." The best way to learn something or to remember it is by spaced repetition. That means going over it and then going over it again and maybe again. If I repeat myself too often just remember that I do a devotional almost everyday and sometimes I am bound to repeat myself. Jesus taught more than once on the same subject and I hope I am following Him as I try to address the subjects that I believe will help us have a closer walk with Him.

We are all called to follow Jesus and there are some specific places that we should follow him too. We get into trouble when we follow the crowd, follow the world or even follow our own instincts because we all have a sin nature. The only way to be truly victorious in our lives is if
we follow Jesus. Sometimes we have to follow Jesus through some hard experiences and the next few devotionals will deal with some of them. I hope you receive a blessing from these devotionals.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read
these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.