Saturday, April 10, 2010

LIFE IS SHORT

LIFE IS SHORT

Jas 4:13-14 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: (14) Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

I can remember when I was a child. I could not wait to be a teenager and get my driver's license. Then I could not wait to be 21 and be considered an adult. It seemed that the year between birthdays lasted forever.

I can also remember when I turned 39. It dawned on me that I was a middle aged man. Now when I go into a restaurant they ask if I get the senior citizen discount. Unlike when I was young it seems that I have a birthday about every month. I guess you go much faster when you are going downhill.

The one thing I have learned is that life is short. As James says it is like a vapor, here only briefly. Your life is not just made up of decades and years. It is made up of days and of moments.

Time is the stuff that life is made of and that is why it is important to use it wisely. Let us learn to savor the moments, the days, and get the most out of life. Let us dedicate every day to the Lord and allow Him to fill it with blessings. It is way too short to waste even a part of it.

(I woke up at 3:00 am on the day of this writing. I tossed and turned for thirty minutes trying to go back to sleep. I decided that it was a waste of time. I got up and began to work on my devotionals. I feel a whole lot better than I would have if I had just got up and sat there and pouted.)

1 comment:

Please leave us a comment.