Wednesday, April 21, 2010

PEACE 3

THE PEACE OF GOD

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Phillipians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


The peace of God is not the same as the peace the world speaks of. The world speaks of peace as an absence of hostility and war. We know that the absence of war does not really give us peace. There are many today who are in no danger from a foreign enemy who have absolutely no peace in their hearts. There are some who in reality face no physical danger at all but do not have peace.

Peace is not necessarily an absence of danger. When we trust God we can have peace even in the midst of a storm in our life. It is a peace that is of God and can come only from Him because we ultimately trust Him not only with our lives but with our souls.

Sometimes people ask me how I can always seem to be so positive. It is because I have read God's book, the Bible, and I know how it comes out in the end. Eternal life does not begin when you die. It begins when you are saved.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.