Thursday, April 29, 2010

FOLLOWING JESUS 4

John 21:18-19 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. (19) This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

THE CALL STILL COMES LOUDLY FROM CHRIST FOLLOW ME:
WE MUST FOLLOW JESUS TO THE MOUNTAIN OF PRAYER

Jesus taught the disciples to pray. Jesus Himself prayed for the disciples, He prayed for the world and He prayed for all those who would follow Him. That includes you and me. He prayed in the Garden and He prayed especially that His Father's will be done. We too should be praying for our Heavenly Father's will to be done in our lives.

When we follow Jesus to the mountain of prayer we find strength. The strength to face temptation, trials, and even persecution. Even though God knows our every thought and intent He wants us to communicate with Him and we do this through prayer.

We find comfort through prayer. When we pray during times of distress or duress if we pray sincerely seeking God we will know and feel His comforting presence.

When we pray we also find assurance. I am so often amazed when God plainly answers a prayer and yet I should not be. I should not be amazed but I should find assurance that God does care what is going on in my life and He does answer my prayers.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.