Wednesday, May 19, 2010

YOU MUST SEE A NEED TO HELP REBUILD

YOU MUST SEE A NEED TO HELP REBUILD

Nehemiah 6:3 And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?

In times of physical disaster it doesn't take a genius to see the needs. People whose homes have been blown away need a place to stay, they need food, they need clothing, they need water and they need to know that people care about them.

I am so thankful for the Christian Groups that always show up in times of disaster. I have noticed that they are usually the first ones on the scene and are usually there long after others have left. Many church groups are still going to the coast to help rebuild after Katrina.

We might not as easily see the damage done when someone has a spiritual setback. It can be a great disaster. I have known people who were going through a divorce or the loss of a loved one and their Christian friends seem to pull away from them when they needed them most.
Sometimes we don't try to minister to people, especially people who are caught up in a sinful situation, because we simply do not know what to say. I can tell you all you need to say. " I love you, and I will be praying for you and I will help you if I can." Those words are enough to let someone know you still care about them.
I once visited a man in jail. He was an alcoholic and his wife asked me to visit him. He was embarrassed by my visit because he didn't want me to see him in jail. I looked him in the eye and told him, "I am not here to embarrass you. I am here to let you know that I care about what happens to you and to pray for you."
I didn't know the man well and I really don't know how much good that visit did, but I do believe he needed me to be there and he needed to know someone was praying for him. I hope that it was the beginning of him rebuilding his life.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.