Thursday, May 20, 2010

THE NEEDS ARE MANY

THE NEEDS ARE MANY

Nehemiah 6:3 And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?

There are many needs today. There are needs within the church. There is always a need for teachers and leaders. The church can always use more witnesses, prayer warriors and encouragers. I believe that we can fill these needs and reach out more to a hurting world that is in need of some rebuilding.
Sometimes all someone needs is an encouraging word or even a gesture to let them know you care.
I remember when my step-dad was in the hospital and about to die. My wife and I were both visibly upset as we got some bad news just before church services one morning. Many people offered words of comfort and encouragement but one thing stands out more than anything else. One of the men put his hand on my wife's shoulder and didn't say a word. He just gave it a light squeeze and looked at her with compassion and it meant the world to her.
If you know someone is going through a trial, or suffering a loss of some sort you might not need to say a word. Just give them a hug and let them know you share in their pain.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.