Friday, May 21, 2010

SEARCH FOR NEEDS THAT AREN'T EVIDENT

SEARCH FOR NEEDS THAT AREN'T EVIDENT

Nehemiah 6:3 And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?

Sometimes some of the needs we might overlook are things that could really mean something to someone. One of the most touching stories I have read about meeting someones needs was about shining shoes. I would love to give credit to the author but I don't even remember where I read it.
A woman with several children had lost her husband in a terrible accident and one of the men in the neighborhood came over and asked some of her family for the children's shoes. He took all the shoes home and polished and shined them all and returned them to the family.
He knew that they would need to be shined and polished for the funeral and that the family would all be too busy and too distraught to think about it. The grieving widow felt that it was one of the most caring and kind gestures that she received.
Sometimes we have to humble ourselves and swallow our pride and be willing to do the little things. Sometimes it is the little things that mean the most.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.