Sunday, May 30, 2010

IT IS GOD'S WORK 2

Nehemiah 6:15-16 So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month Elul, in fifty and two days. 16)And it came to pass, that when all our enemies heard thereof, and all the heathen that were about us saw these things, they were much cast down in their own eyes: for they perceived that this work was wrought of our God.

SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO TAKE RISKS

(Nehemiah 2:2-3) Wherefore the king said unto me, Why is thy countenance sad, seeing thou art not sick? this is nothing else but sorrow of heart. Then I was very sore afraid, {3} And said unto the king, Let the king live for ever: why should not my countenance be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers' sepulchres, lieth waste, and the gates thereof are consumed with fire?

Nehemiah took a great risk in allowing himself to look sad before the King. I personally believe that he was so upset and burdened over the condition of Jerusalem that he could not look cheerful if he had wanted to. He took a risk in telling the King what his problem was. Nehemiah
acted out of conviction rather than out of convenience.

I can look back on my ministry at some times that I took some great risk (financially and otherwise), to do the work that I felt that God wanted me to do. I have never regretted it. If God convinces us that it is the right thing to do, there is no risk too great to take. Sometimes we want to play it safe. We are afraid of failure or we are afraid that God can't really care for us the way we want Him too.

God has all the resources to see us safely through anything. After all the worst this world can do is kill us. God has even taken the sting out of that. Serving God is worth the risk.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even

suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.