Friday, May 28, 2010

IT IS GOD'S WORK 1

Ne 6:15-16 So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month Elul, in fifty and two days. 16)And it came to pass, that when all our enemies heard thereof, and all the heathen that were about us saw these things, they were much cast down in their own eyes: for they perceived that this work was wrought of our God.

In the last several devotionals I have written about disaster, I have written about rebuilding and about helping others rebuild. In all of this I hope that you have learned that even though we are involved as His agents and as His instruments, the work is God's work.

The work we do can not be our work, it has to be God's work for it to be lasting. A very popular evangelist once said that he was walking down the streets of a large city when a drunk man came recognized him and came up to him and said, "I know who you are. You saved me in a revival several years ago."

The evangelists replied, "Looks like I didn't do such a great job. Maybe you need to let God save you. He does better work than I do."

Sometimes we need to remember that God does so much better work that we do. It is just a blessing that He loves us enough to let us share in His work.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.