Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WINGS TO FLY AWAY

Psalm 55:6-7 And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest (7) Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah.

There used to be an old song with the lyrics "If I had the wings of an angel, from these prison walls I would fly."  I imagine as David wrote this psalm he was pretty much feeling entrapped by the circumstances he was facing.  He describes his situation as a "windy storm and tempest."

There are certainly times I feel like I am in an emotional tempest and that the storms of adversity are pounding me.  Sadly most of the storms do not come from the lost or from our enemies, they come from those we love the most and and that is why they get us down.  When they come we wish we could just "fly away and be at rest".  The problem is that when we fly away we usually just fly into another storm and we still get no rest.

Jesus said:
Matthew 11:28 COME UNTO ME, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
We can never find rest and peace by flying away or wandering off into the wilderness.  We can only find rest from our burdens when we take them to Jesus.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.