Thursday, July 26, 2012

Be Still 4

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

As I get older I guess I get more nostalgic.  I have been through enough changes that I even remember the good old days...I mean really old days.

Don't get me wrong.  I don't want to go back to the way a lot of things were back in the good old days.   I certainly don't want to give up indoor plumbing and air conditioning but there are some things I miss.

Sundays were pretty special.  Sunday School and church and then back to mamaw's for lunch.  The lunch by the way was attended by aunt's, uncles, cousins, and anyone else in the community who wanted to come by.  Following the lunch the men would gather under the shade trees in the front yard while the women cleaned up the kitchen.  The kids would play and come sit in the shade to cool off and listen to the stories (repeated over and over) the men told.

No one was in a hurry and it was a weekly thing, especially in the summer.  Social media has nothing over a family Sunday gathering.  Life was lived at a slower pace, people had time for each other and they actually visited with each other.

I miss that.  God doesn't forget the slower times either.  I am sure He remembers every time you have ever just sat down, either in your home or under the shade He provided for you and spent some special time with Him.  We can't go back to the good old days but we can slow down.  We can be still and know that He is God.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.