Friday, July 27, 2012

Be Still 5

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

We are to Glorify God with our lives.  Sometimes we mistakenly feel like if we are to do that we have to have our lives filled with activities and we have to be involved in all sorts of ministries.  While there is nothing wrong with activities and ministries, we can do all that without spending time alone with God.

This verse tells us that we need to have some time apart from the hustle and bustle of all that goes on around us and just spend some quiet time with God.  Get to know Him through study, prayer and meditation.  Focus on Him and tune the world out for a change.
If you do this, He will be exalted among the heathen and throughout all the Earth.  Be still.

As my parents used to tell me when I was supposed to be quiet, "Quit fidgeting."  Just sit quietly and commune with God.  When you really get to know Him on an intimate basis, He will be exalted.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.