Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WHAT WE'VE SEEN AND HEARD

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Are you declaring what you have seen and heard from Jesus to others?  John was a witness to the ministry of Jesus.  He heard Him teaching in those wonderful parables that we all love.  He witnessed the miracles that some find so hard to believe, but not John, he was there.  He witnessed His death on the cross and saw Him after He rose from the grave.  His experiences with Jesus were real and he was ready to share them.

Actually our experiences with Jesus should be real too.  Jesus lives and He still works in our life. I have never seen Jesus turn water into wine, or feed a multitude with 5 loaves and 2 fish, but I have seen Him stretch not quiet enough to make it plenty.  I haven't seen Him physically heal the sick and raise the dead but I have seen the miracles of healing that could be attributed to nothing more than some one's faith in Him. (Including in my own life.)  I have never seen Jesus cleanse a leper but I have seen Him take a sin stained sinner and clean him up and use him (including me).

What have you seen and heard.  I pray that your relationship with Jesus is just as real as that of John and the others who were actually there with Him.  His ministry is just as real and just as important today.


Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.