Thursday, July 12, 2012

HE IS MY STRENGTH

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my STRENGTH, and my redeemer.

When I was young I was very small.  Until I reached Jr. High I was almost the smallest person in my class.  The smallest person in my class was held back a grade and then I became the smallest in my class for a couple of years.

I got in a lot of trouble trying to prove that just because I was small didn't mean I was weak. I felt that I had to prove that I could do anything that those bigger than me could do and sometimes I bit off a lot more than I could chew.

It didn't make me feel any better for someone to say "You are pretty strong for a little fellow."
I didn't want to be strong for a little fellow. I just wanted to be strong.

I had a big growth spurt in my teen years and I grew more or less to average size.  I wasn't weak, I was strong as an ox and about half as smart.  My life was lived in my own strength.  Even after being saved I drifted away from God and tried to make it on my own.  My strength was not enough.
Even when we are saved we have to depend on God and His strength before we can truly walk the right walk and be used by God.
He must be our strength.
(continued tomorrow)


Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.