Tuesday, July 10, 2012

HEAR MY CRY

Psalm 61:1 To the chief Musician upon Neginah, A Psalm of David. Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.

I'll admit it, I'm a grown man and sometimes I cry.  I don't mean just when I raise up too fast in a low place and bump my head on a two by four. (Although I have shed a few tears then too.)  Sometimes I cry at the loss of a loved one, or over the condition of someone.  Sometimes I cry because I have been hurt or because I have been misunderstood.  Sometimes and not often enough I cry because I have sinned and am convicted of it.

There are times when I want God to hear my cry and there are times when I hope He doesn't (though I know there are never times when He doesn't).  In any case I should not just be crying to make others feel worse or to make myself feel better.  I should be crying out to God to help me, to teach me, and to guide me.

Many times we should continue to pray until we know that God has attended to our prayer.  I would love to be able to tell you when that is but sometimes I am not sure myself.  I do know that when my prayers have been answered, when my hurt has been healed, God sends me peace and assurance of His continued presence.


Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.