Monday, July 9, 2012

FIGHT OR FLEE

Psalm 31:3 For thou art my rock and my FORTRESS; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Most animals have God given instincts to either fight or flee when they are in danger.  An animal such as a bobcat will fight when it is cornered.  Most animals will fight if they can't flee but some don't have the ability to do much fighting.

Thankfully most of them have the instincts to do whichever is most suitable for the situation.
We were almost home today, when we saw a deer standing by the fence.  My wife was driving and was afraid that it would panic and run out into the road in front of her and stop.  The deer turned and ran and right behind it we saw the smallest fawn we had ever seen running behind the mother.  It only ran about twenty yards and fell and just lay there.  The mother stopped but then took off again.  My wife had stopped the vehicle by this time and we watched and as the doe kept running I told my wife, "Hurry and drive off so that the mother doesn't keep running."

I  knew the mother would return but I didn't want it to have to run any farther before finding it's way back.  Neither of the deer were ever in any danger from us but their instincts caused them to flee.
God did not give us such instincts. He gave us understanding and the ability to reason.  Sometimes we have to reason whether to flee from danger or stand and face it.  When it comes to sin we must always fear it as the doe feared us. Just as deer do not mix well with people, Christians do not mix well with sin.  We need to flee to God, or rock and our fortress and know that he will protect us eternally from danger.


Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.