Friday, July 13, 2012

HE IS MY STRENGTH (Part 2)

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my STRENGTH, and my redeemer.

I lived for several years without turning back to God.  My life was pretty much just a jumble of activities loosely linked together to make up what I thought was life.

In my late twenties I found real strength.  That strength was in giving myself to God and trying to conform my heart, my words, and my actions to His will. 

Now as I see the dawning of old age I know that my physical strength is failing.  If I walk too fast for even a short distance I find that my chest burns and I have trouble breathing.  There are many things that I just can't do any more.

Sadly my mental strength is not what it once was either.  I get forgetful.  If I fail to take my B-12 shots I even find that I get confused easily.  It would be a lie if I said that these things don't bother me.  They do. 

I have now come to the point to where I realize that my prayer life, my devotional life, my time of meditation and fellowship in the Lord are vital to me.  He is my strength.  He is my Redeemer and that is enough to get me home.


Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.