Tuesday, August 31, 2010

THE 23rd PSALM 2

I SHALL NOT WANT FOR REST

Psalms 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

There is an old saying that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I always answer that I don't want it then because I really don't like mowing what I already have.

In this verse we see a picture of the sheep lying in in a green meadow. They are surrounded by the green grass that is their main source of food. I feel very peaceful when I picture this.

They are beside the peaceful still waters and the shepherd is watching over them with a watchful eye. It kind of reminds me of the children's prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my should to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take." That kind of gives you the feeling of lying in green pastures beside the still waters doesn't it?

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.