Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A FULLY FURNISHED ROOM 3

2 Kings 4:9-10 And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually. (10) Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.

ELISHA HAD A TABLE- A PLACE OF COMMUNION

What is communion but a close fellowship. I believe many of the problems in our society could be helped if families spent more time around the table talking and sharing their experiences with each other. I can remember some of my favorite times have been spent just sitting around a table sharing coffee and conversation with friends or family.

It would be wonderful if we would spend time in fellowship with our Lord. We should discuss our plans and our activities with Him on a personal basis. Jesus desires to fellowship with us and wants to be an integral part of our lives.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

This verse lets us know that Jesus does not want to be left out of our lives. It is His desire to share in the communion and fellowship with us.

Jesus is knocking. Let him come in and sit at the table of your fully furnished room.


Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.