Sunday, June 6, 2010

Patience 6

PREPARE TO WAIT

1 Timothy 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, PATIENCE, meekness.


I used to hate waiting. I didn't like to wait in line at the bank or wait for hours in a doctor's office but after years of waiting I have learned to prepare to wait.

I used to go to one doctor who would almost always see me about three or four hours after my scheduled appointment. I learned that if I took my laptop or a good book to keep me occupied while I waited that the time was not wasted.

Now with modern technology what it is I use my phone to text message, check email, or even look for bargains on EBay. I have taken a pad and pen if I had things I wanted to draw or write and I use the waiting time as productive time instead of wasted time.

You know that you are sometimes going to have to wait. Be prepared to use that time productively and the waiting will not be so hard on you. At times it could even give you an opportunity to slow down and do something enjoyable.

Don't pray for patience. Just practice it. Patience will make your life more enjoyable.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.