Friday, June 11, 2010

ONE ANOTHER 4

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. (35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

WE MUST BE CAREFUL HOW WE JUDGE ONE ANOTHER

Matthew 7:1-2 Judge not, that ye be not judged. (2) For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Have you ever been around someone who was very judgemental about everyone they knew? When I am around someone like that I always feel a little sorry for them because I know the verse above. I always wonder if people like that can't see their own faults and realize that they are as bad as some of the people they are passing judgement on.

People do a lot of things I don't approve of. I am even offended by a lot of things some people do, but... It is not my job to be their judge. It is my job to pray for them, and to try to set a positive example for them.

I once knew a preacher who left his wife for another woman. His brother, also a preacher, seemed to never tire of running his brother down for what he did. They moved away and we still stayed in contact with them and one day we received a letter from his wife telling us that he had left her for another woman. The very thing happened to him that he had been so openly critical of his brother for. We should never say it can't happen to me. Instead we should pray for those who do wrong and pray that God will keep us from temptation.

When you are judging someone harshly it is good to ask yourself how you might react if you were faced with the same circumstances and the same temptations. God can do a great job of judging without our help. Let's just try to keep ourselves from temptation.
Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.