Thursday, June 3, 2010

Patience 3

IMPATIENCE GETS YOU NOWHERE

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience

Have you ever noticed an impatient person pull up to a red light. He will often start patting the steering wheel and racing his engine in hopes to get the light to change sooner. An impatient person will arrive at a business that is supposed to open at a certain time and they will be a few minutes late and he will shake the locked door and rattle it. I suppose he thinks it will magically open and he can then enter. He really looks foolish when the business owner comes up behind him and unlocks the door to let him in.

I have to admit that sometimes preachers do get a little long winded with their sermons. One preacher said he did not mind when people began to look at their watches but it kind of disturbed him when they began to hold them up and shake them. Wouldn't that time be better spent trying to get something from the message.

We are too often like the man who prayed, "Lord, I want patience and I want it now." Remember the first devotional in this series. He could be in for some trials and tribulations...now.

If you are an impatient person you need to ask yourself some questions.

1. Why am I so impatient?
2. Has being impatient helped me to accomplish anything?
3. Do I really want enough trouble in my life to teach me to be patient?
4. How is my impatience hurting me and others around me?
5. Is my impatience hurting my testimony?

There are many more questions you can ask yourself but these will get you started on examining your own patience.



Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.