Friday, June 25, 2010

THE LIVING WORD 5

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

THE WORD SHOULD BE ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS
Deuteronomy 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Someone asked a little boy if he knew what was in the Bible. He answered, "I sure do, there is an old letter, a picture of grandma and grandpa, and mom and dad's marrige license in there."

We might laugh at the little boy's interpretation of the question but sadly many people who claim to be Christians don't really know much more than he does about what is in the Bible.

We need to commit certain passages to heart. We need to not only read what God says but we should take time to meditate on what he means. If we truly hide His word in our heart it helps us through temptation.

I have purposely not brought up the debate about which version of the Bible you should use. I personally use only the King James Version because I believe it to be an accurate translation of the original text and I am in doubt about some of the later versions. Some say that the language is too hard to understand but I believe that the Holy Spirit is my teacher and he makes the language very clear to me.

I really like what one man said about the version he prefered. He said that he prefered his mother's version, "She read it, and then she lived it ." he said.

Put it in your heart and then live that version of it.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with TJesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.