Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Patience 1

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience

Sometimes people will come to me and ask me to pray that they will have more patience. I have heard people on numerous occasions say that they have been praying for patience.

Here is a word of caution. Patience is not a gift. Patience is a learned craft that comes from dealing with trials and troubles. If you pray for patience you are asking God to send you enough trials and trouble that you will eventually learn to be patient. I don't know about you but I would rather use what I have already learned, or learn from the trials and problems that are sure to come anyway.

Strong's concordance defines patience as the characteristic of a man who is not swerved from his deliberate purpose and his loyalty to faith and piety by even the greatest trials and sufferings. When we look at this definition our impatience should embarrass us somewhat.

During the next several devotionals I want to discuss patience and the benefits of being patient and the foolishness of being impatient. I hope you learn something and receive a blessing from these lessons.


Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.