Tuesday, June 15, 2010

GOD IS WITH US 3

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

GOD IS WITH US IN TIME OF SORROW AND SUFFERING

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

As much as we hate to admit it we are going to face times of sorrow and suffering. In my ministry I have dealt with all types of people as they mourned the loss of a loved one. Sometimes in tragic situations.
I can tell you there is very much a difference between the people who know the Lord and those who don't know Him as they deal with their sorrow.

That does not mean that the loss is less to believers than it is to non-believers. It just means that they do not have to bear the burden of their sorrow alone. They are aware of the presence of God and His love and comfort strengthens them during their period of grief.

The same is true with suffering. I have prayed at the bedside of many who were terribly ill and were suffering. Those who were closer to God were able to handle it much better than the ones who did not know Him.

God is always there to help those who trust Him. He will especially make His presence known during sorrow and suffering when we need Him the most.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.