Saturday, June 5, 2010

Patience 5

BE PATIENT WITH OTHERS WE MEET

1 Timothy 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, PATIENCE, meekness.


Patience is a virtue. It gives you strength and strengthens your position in any endeavor. Losing your temper at a waiter or waitress or store clerk doesn't really accomplish much.

I live in an area where many of the people working in public jobs think that they are doing you a favor by serving you. They fail to smile, they seldom say thank you or have a nice day or actually anything that is friendly.

This is the kind of behavior that used to try my patience. I have developed a new way of dealing with this. One, I try to look at things from their perspective. Most of the time they have been dealing with people with that same attitude all day long and they are tired or in a bad mood anyway. They know that when they go home for the day all they have to look forward to is another day of dealing with the same type people they dealt with today. I try to give them a little something different so that they know that there is something better. I give them a smile, I say thank you and I tell them to have a nice day.

This might not do anything to improve their behavior but by showing them patience, it certainly keeps me from getting stressed out over it. Give it a try. If everyone becomes more patient and has a better attitude it could make all our days more pleasant.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.