Wednesday, October 7, 2009

MINISTER AS HE HAS GIVEN YOU THE ABILITY

1 Peter 4:8-11 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. (9) Use hospitality one to another without grudging. (10) As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. (11) If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.


I love to hear someone who has a beautiful voice sing specials. Sadly everyone (especially me) has not been blessed with a beautiful voice. Everyone can not sing and that is just a plain fact.

I love to preach. I think preaching and writing are the two things I enjoy more than anything but I realize that I could do neither if God had not called me to do them. I also realize that everyone can't preach or teach. That does not mean that you can't minister in some way.

Many of the jobs in our church go unappreciated and unnoticed. I appreciate the ushers who take the offering each Sunday. If you feel that you don't have any other ability your service in greeting people as they come in to worship is worth everything. I am not just talking about visitors either. When a person comes to church it makes them feel better to be greeted and made to feel welcome.

There are many things and I can't list all of them but Nursery workers, youth workers, people to mail cards, visitors for shut-ins, someone to call absentees, and the list goes on, are jobs that require little skill. They only require making yourself available and doing the job, yet they mean so much to the ministry of the church.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.