Sunday, October 11, 2009

HOW CAN WE BE SURE? 2

2Timothy 1:11-12 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. (12) For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Isaiah 55:3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul
shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, the sure mercies of David.

We should truly listen to God as He speaks to us through His word. We should consult our Bibles to see what God has to say about things. We too often know what someone tells us that them Bible says but we fail to look into the Word and search the scriptures for ourselves. God's Word is full of wonderful promises and we should search them out and learn for ourselves what he has promised us.

Many times what we have heard comes from the preacher or from a Sunday school teacher or someone else. The promises God makes to his children are too important to learn second hand. We need to learn them from Him directly through His word.

Romans 10:17 So then [faith by hearing], and hearing by the
word of God.


Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.