Monday, March 9, 2009

NEARLY SLIPPED

Psalms 73:2 But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.(3) For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

As I read this verse it really made me think of the times that I have looked enviously at the lives of others and almost slipped. Most of us can well remember the times that we not only almost slipped but did slide down the slippery slopes into the depths of sin. It is really a little encouraging to think of the times we almost slipped but didn't.
What is it that holds us back when we are envious of the foolish and we almost slip? It could be experience, remembering the last time we did something similar. It could be that we have gained some wisdom with years, I hope so. It could be that maybe we have allowed Jesus to have a firmer grip on our hand and we are holding much tighter to Him as we walk.
Remember the closer we walk with Jesus, the less likely we are to slip.

1 comment:

  1. some days I thank God for letting me get all my chores done. Some days I pray to be pleasant to my family when I can't get them done so they will still love me. Some days I wonder why I can't ride my scooter too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.