Tuesday, March 3, 2009

JUMP START

Isaiah 41:6 They helped every one his neighbour; and every one said to his brother, Be of good courage.

I was driving down the street earlier today and I saw a car in a parking lot with it's hood up. There was another car there and they had the jumper cables connected. It brought back a lot of memories for me. I think I have had more cars that needed a jump start to get going than anyone I know. My jumper cables were one thing I didn't leave home without.
We can be like that in our personal and spiritual lives and we might not even notice it. There have been many days that I felt like canceling due to a lack of interest on my part. Sometimes when I get up I need a jump start.
I have found if I start my day in prayer and ask God to help me get started that I am much like those old clunkers I have driven. Once I get started I have more than enough power and energy to keep me going. As a matter of fact, I have found if I give someone else a boost that it doesn't take anything away from me.
Sometimes it might just be a good deed, a compliment or a smile that helps to give someone a boost. Jump start your own day by spending time with God and then carry your cables with you. You might meet someone else who needs a boost.

2 comments:

  1. That is really good. I've never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story was very good and very true. I always say a prayer for the one with the car trouble, be it tire or a boost or something unknown. I know how it feels to be there. When Tyler got his truck a (potential) clunker, I made him put in a screwdriver, wire pliers, flashlight, a gallon of water and booster cables before he went anywhere-

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.