Sunday, March 15, 2009

NO TRESSPASSING

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
These versus are refering to end time events and the return of Jesus. People have tried to predict and fortell when Jesus will return for years. This verse tells me that it is God's business to know when the end will come and it is my business to be ready when it does.
I've noticed throughout the years that people try very hard to second guess God and try to figure out things that God never intended for us to know. One of the lessons I have learned over the years is that I can understand the parts of the Bible that I need to be saved, to serve God, and to fellowship with other Christians. I will be the first to admit I don't understand a some parts of the Bible. I personally believe that if I pray and study diligently that God will reveal to me everything He wants me to know and everything I need to know to live for Him.
As for certain things like exactly when Jesus will return. I think that is His business and His territory and I don't need to trespass. What I need to do is obey Jesus and be ready as if He were coming today.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! Ignorance is bliss. Sunday I saw a bad wreck, complete with helicopter. I hoped I would never find out who is was and so far I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Can you imagine if there were a time printed in the Bible! There would be millions of born again Christians the day before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex just wants to go on a boat ride on Noah's Ark when he gets to heaven and since I am old and get there first will I make arrangements before he gets there. Noah is just gonna give Jesus a big hug.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.