Thursday, March 19, 2009

How Frail We Are

Psalm 39:4 LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.

I guess you might think this is kind of a gloomy thought. One usually doesn't want to think of their end. We usually want to live like we will never die.
The truth is that everyone of us is here only temporarily. We don't have any idea when the end will come. I think it is good to realize that it will come some day. It helps us understand just how frail we are.
As I grow older and encounter more health problems I become more aware of how frail I am and even know that I have always been frail.
What I take comfort and great joy in is knowing that there is something better awaiting me. One day I will leave this old decaying body and I will have a new and perfect one. One day I will leave this world behind and I will live in a new and perfect place.
Knowing how frail I am doesn't bother me much when I realize how strong and powerful Jesus is and that He has promised that someday I will be like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.