Tuesday, March 10, 2009

HOLDING MY HAND

Psalms 73:23 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.

When he was younger my grandson was always perfectly willing to hold his mama's hand or mine when we were in a store or just about anywhere. As he got older and more independent he began to pull away so that he could go more his own way.
Occasionally now (even at the grownup age of eight) when I reach down to take his hand he will grasp mine and walk with me. I don't know if he is just doing this to humor an old man or not but it surely does my heart good.
Sometimes I feel that maybe I get a little too independent and fail to hold onto God's hand. How much better it would be if I would just take hold of His hand, let Him guide me, and keep me safe, and just trust Him to care for me. I know He is my loving Heavenly Father and all He wants is for me to trust Him and walk closely with Him daily.

1 comment:

Please leave us a comment.