Monday, March 16, 2009

GROWING UP

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I [spake as a child], I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
Some people get older but they never seem to grow up. They still have the characteristics of a child.
A child likes to play. Many are playing at making a marriage and a home. Many are playing church instead of really getting involved.
Children are naturally selfish. They have to be taught that the world doesn't revolve around them. It is what I want. Some throw a fit if they don't get their way. It seems that we have developed into the greatest crop of babies any nation has ever known.
Childishness is characterized by self pity. You hear things like, "No one likes me". "They don't include me in on things". "They like him better than me".
Children fail to recognize they have obligations and responsibilities. The church is everyones responsibility and you have an obligation to minister to others. The obligation of carrying out the great commission falls on us all.
Childishness is also indicated by a lack of gratitude. Most children never say thank you to their mothers for clean clothes and food. They never say thank you to their parents for working and providing for them.
When I look at these things it kind of makes me feel like I might act childish sometimes. Maybe we all need to put away some childish things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.