Tuesday, October 14, 2008

MOVING FORWARD

Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, (14) I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Sometimes it is hard to strike a balance between being thankful and being satisfied. We should definitely be thankful, God has blessed each of us tremendously and given us so much. If we are not careful we begin to take the blessings for granted and we become satisfied. We get satisfied with what we are, what we have and who we are. As if we had already "apprehended" or reached the peak of our life.
One great evidence that God still has a purpose for us is that He has not called us home yet. If we are still here, we still have room for growth and we still have things to accomplish.
I confess that at times in my life I have looked behind and felt that I had done about all I was put here to do. Maybe I don't have as many opportunities before me as I used to have but I still have a responsibility to strive to do more.
Each of us should strive to reach a higher level of spirituality and service and be constantly setting higher goals in our Christian life. One thing is certain, when God gets through with us, He will be the one to let us know.

1 comment:

  1. the only reason I remember that often is I have to remind the ladies. They say, "But there is nothing i can do for them anymore." i tell them they can love and smile and set an example through their troubles

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.