Thursday, October 30, 2008

HELP LORD

Ps 12:1 To the chief Musician upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David. Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.

This Psalm of David starts off with the simplest of prayers. It is something that each of us can use every day and most of us need to. David simply says, "Help Lord."
It is short. So many times when we pray we seem think that we must say more to have a better prayer. God doesn't need us to explain what is going on around us. He is aware of everything that is happening everywhere yet we sometimes try to give him a detailed account of our problems as if it might be a surprise to Him. He knows the details ahead of time but he wants us to acknowledge Him and come to Him.
It is to the point. Help. That is usually what we go to the Lord for. Help, I am discouraged. Help, I am surrounded by people who constantly make my life difficult. Help, I am weak and temptation is all around me. Help, I am sick and can't seem to get to feeling better. Help, I am confused and I need direction. Help certainly covers a multitude of situations. Help Lord.
It is directed properly. Help Lord. He is the only one so often than can help. No matter how hectic or unsettled our lives may become He is the only one who can really help us.
As you go through the day and through the coming days just remember it is a short but powerful prayer. Help Lord, I certainly know I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.