Tuesday, October 7, 2008

GOD'S REST STOP

BY Jeremy Burkes
Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.(30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

My family and I recently took a trip to New York. If you have ever been on a long trip you know that when you see a rest stop it is a welcome sight.
Matthew lets you know that on our journey through life we need rest stops too. God's rest stop is always open to all and is available whenever we need to pull over and rest. When we have a bad or hectic day, or sometimes we just need to stop awhile, God wants us to come to Him for rest. The simple truth is that all we have to do is come to Him.
Psalm 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:
We need rest to recharge our batteries. Rest for our bodies may be just sitting down or getting a good night sleep, or taking a nice nap. When we need spiritual rest we must go to God.
Maybe God is more like a filling station than a rest stop. We not only get a chance to rest but if we pray, and study His word and fellowship with Him, we come away full and ready to get on our way.

1 comment:

  1. not too shabby mr burkes. You are getting better and better

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.